Voting for the Board of Directors will be held on-line beginning April 14th.
Details will be sent to member families
The Arvada Hockey Association Board of Directors is looking for nominations for the following open positions/appointments:
- 6 Division Directors
- U8/Mite Division Director
- Squirt Division Director
- Pee Wee Division Director
- Bantam Division Director
- Midget Division Director
- House Division Director
- 3 Directors-at-Large
To be eligible for a Division Director, a nominee must have a child playing in the travel program, at the same age division to be represented, unless prior approval is received from the Board. The House Division Director must have a child playing in the house/option program.
The duties of the Division Directors include:
- Official representation of the respective division on the Board.
- Attendance at a minimum of two (2) games for each team in the respective age division.
- Official liaison between the Board of Directors and the respective division membership.
- Board of Directors approval presentation for any team in the respective division requesting to go to any post season tournament.
- Provide a written report to the Board for the monthly meeting.
- Assist with tournaments.
The Board of Directors is made up of six directors-at-large for a two year term. Three of these Directors shall be elected in even-numbered years, and three of these Directors shall be elected in odd-numbered years.
How to run
If you are running for a Board position or would like to nominate someone, please complete the Board Nomination Form below.
Based on current AHA Bylaws, only current member families or current season coaches officially listed on the USA Hockey/AHA roster are eligible to vote and/or serve on the Board of Directors. Complete AHA By-laws and information regarding eligibility can be found here.
It is our hope to avoid a lengthy annual meeting. Therefore, no candidates will be allowed to formally address the members during the Annual Meeting. If you are nominating someone other than yourself, they will be contacted to confirm their interest and will be given an opportunity to submit the requested information. A list of candidates will be published on the website.
Deadline for Nomination applications is midnight on April 11, 2021.
Questions can be sent to : email@example.com